About What We Believe
Core beliefs governing the ministry of Pillar of Faith Ministries
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life (Ps119:160; Jn 17:17)
2. We believe in one God, manifested as Father in Creation, Son in redemption and Holy Spirit in the Church (Deut 6:4, Gal 3:20).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man (Lk 1:35; Mt 1:23; Jn 1:1, 14; 1Tim 2:5)
4. We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of death, physical and spiritual; that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt (Gen 1:27; Rom 3:23; Rom 6:23).
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. (Rom 5:8; 2Cor 5:21).
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into Heaven and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate (1Cor 15:1-3; Heb 4:15)
7. We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ (1Thes 4:16-17).
8. We believe that all who repent of their sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith demonstrated by baptism in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and infilling of the Holy Ghost are born again and thereby become children of God (Eph 2:8-9; Acts 2:38)
9. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping believers for service, the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the manifestation of spiritual fruit over time. We believe in the divinely ordained ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher (Acts 2:4; 1Cor 12; Gal 5:4-13).
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation (Acts 24:15; Rev 20:10-15)
11. We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ, and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local church on earth should take its character from this
conception of the Church spiritual and therefore that new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of Church membership (Rev 5:9; 14:3).
12. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water after repentance and confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the emblems as symbolical of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, till He comes (Acts 2:38; 8:12; 10:48; 19:5; 22:16; 1 Cor 1:23-28; Lk 22:17-20).
13. We believe that divine healing and miracles was provided for in the Old Testament and is an integral part of the Gospel (Isa 53:5; 1Pet 2:24; 8:16-17).
14. We believe the Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive, work of grace commencing at the time of the new birth and continuing until death or the return of the Lord Jesus Christ (whichever comes soonest). Heb 12:14; 2Cor 7:1.
15. The Church is open to any further truth, which God may illuminate from the Scriptures from time to time, but there is no new thing under the Sun (Dan 12:4; Heb 1:1-3; Rev 22:16)
We are called to "Restore the Apostolic pattern to the endtime church" and "Take the whole gospel to the whole of East London and beyond"